After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
- Identify and describe three qualitative research designs: narrative inquiry, case study, and critical theory.
- Identify and describe the three dimensions of narrative inquiry.
- Define the eight considerations for narrative inquiry.
- Distinguish between the three types of case studies.
- Distinguish between case studies that are general inquiry and designed for theory development.
- Describe the tenets of the three types of critical theories described in this chapter.