After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
- State the two general approaches of qualitative data analysis
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of the three approaches to recording narrative data.
- Identify and define the three components of transcription
- Distinguish between the 11 types of qualitative data analysis
- Describe the general process of coding qualitative data
- Distinguish between emic and etic coding
- Describe how the perspectives of the different types of qualitative research result in a different kind of analysis.
- Identify the four criteria of trustworthiness
- Describe the different ways to increase the credibility of a study