After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
- Identity the different types of data collection instruments that researchers use.
- Distinguish between the different types of tests that researchers use.
- Identify and construct open-ended, partially open-ended, and restricted questionnaire items.
- Identify nine rules for writing valid and reliable questionnaire items.
- Describe the different methods of administering questionnaires.
- Distinguish between the different levels of structure in an interview.
- Describe the types of documents used in research.