Video and Multimedia
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
Seth Godin, from the 2011 Chick-fil-a Leadercast, talks about the differences of leadership and management and how important it is to see them as two different functions.
- Do you identify more as a leader or more as a manager?
- What are the differences of leaders and managers?
- If you are a manager, how do you value leaders? If you are a leader, how do you value managers?
John Antonakis discusses why charisma is important in his TED talk.
- Think of someone in your life who is charismatic. How does this person affect the behaviors of those around him or her?
- Why might charismatic leaders be more successful in persuading followers?
- What tactics does Antonakis discuss? Name and describe three.
Blake and Mouton’s Leadership Grid is defined in simple terms.
- How many leadership styles were defined on the two-dimensional grid?
- Which leadership style do you most identify with? Please explain.
- What kind of leadership style focuses more on productivity and less on people?
- What kind of leadership style makes people and production an equal priority?
An inspirational speech given by Lieutenant Colonel Harold “Hal” G. Moore before his troops go into battle.
- How does Moore communicate his leadership style?
- Is Moore charismatic, transformational, or transactional?
- Is this a form of Path-Goal Theory? If so, why? If not, why?