Video and Multimedia
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
This simple illustration walks through a SWOT analysis.
- What does SWOT stand for?
- What elements of a SWOT are internal and what elements are more likely external?
- Apply a SWOT to a current decision you are making. Did that help with your decision-making process?
Professor Kryscynski of Brigham Young University shares a brief introduction to strategic management through creative illustration. Apply these questions to a group project or to a business you are involved with.
- Where do we compete?
- How do we compete?
- How do we formulate a strategy to compete well and perhaps outcompete our rivals?
Steve Jobs speaks about a few areas of differentiation between Apple and Microsoft.
- Why should a company partner with a competitor?
- What does Steve Jobs communicate as a differentiation of Apple from Microsoft vs. any other competitors?
- How can a company find its niche in the marketplace?
Professor Bob Kaplan of Harvard talks about the balance scorecard for communicating strategy.
- How is Management by Walking Around implemented?
- What is strategy and how can a critical role in communication matter?
- How important is the ability to communicate in strategy by way of fun and also effective?