After studying this chapter, you should be able to:
- Contrast groups and teams, and explain the group performance model.
- Discuss the five components of group structure.
- Define the six components of group process, and describe how they are used to maximize team performance.
- Describe the four major stages of group development, and identify the appropriate leadership style usually associated with each.
- Indicate how to develop groups into teams.
- Explain how to plan a meeting, conduct it, and handle problem members during the meeting.