After studying this appendix, you should be able to:
- Define behavior and organizational behavior (OB), state the goals of OB, and explain the relationship between thoughts and self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Describe each of the Big Five personality dimensions.
- Explain the perception and attribution processes, and describe five perception biases.
- Recall how attitudes affect job satisfaction and how employee and managerial attitudes affect employee performance.
- List the six OB foundations, summarize how to shape your own and your management foundations, and discuss managing diversity in three critical foundations.
- Discuss the relationship between organizational power and politics and their importance to organizational performance.
- Identify the four parts of the negotiation process, define the five conflict management styles, state how to initiate a conflict resolution, and explain the stress tug-of-war.