After you have read this chapter:
1. You will understand when Miranda warnings must be given.
2. You will be familiar with the steps of interrogation to induce a confession.
3. You will be able to identify the procedure for both invoking and waiving the rights protected by Miranda.
4. You will be able to discuss the nature of the prohibited double interviewing process.
5. You will be able to competently provide examples of Miranda exceptions and the use of statements taken in violation of Miranda.