After you have read this chapter:
1. You will be able to analyze Fourth Amendment problems.
2. You will appreciate how Fourth Amendment analysis has changed with advancing technology.
3. You will understand the role race may play in the intersection of the citizen–police encounter in assessing reasonable suspicion that criminal activity is afoot.
4. You will be able to distinguish the legal basis for a Terry stop, arrests, and claims of excessive force.
5. You will be able to articulate the sources of probable cause and the procedure for obtaining and serving a warrant.