After you have read this chapter:
1. You will be able to discuss the legal basis for all exceptions to the warrant requirement.
2. You will be able to recognize exigent circumstances justifying officer conduct in the field.
3. You will understand the limits of automobile searches and the protective sweep.
4. You will become knowledgeable about the law regulating warrantless drug, alcohol, and DNA seizures.
5. You will be reintroduced to the exclusionary rule and understand good faith exceptions when mistakes are made in the field.