After you have read this chapter:
1. You will understand the requirements and pitfalls of the pretrial identification process.
2. You will be able to articulate the legal requirements of discovery and the definition of exculpatory evidence.
3. You can distinguish the various steps taken before the trial, including the plea bargaining process.
4. You will be able to explain the mechanics of a criminal trial and the different types of evidence.
5. You will identify how a criminal case gets to the U.S. Supreme Court.