After studying this chapter, you will be able to:
- Explain what the studio system was like and why it ended.
- Discuss how the growth of television and home video transformed the movie industry.
- Explain what is meant by the “blockbuster era” in the movie industry and how movies have become brands.
- Explain how digital production and projection have changed filmmaking.
- Discuss the evolution of the ratings system using examples of different movies.
- Explain how the Internet and other long-tail tools have changed the movie promotion and distribution process.