Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- “Chicago Residents Fight Crime One Vacant Lot at a Time”
A Chicago program announced two years ago to allow homeowners in impoverished neighborhoods to buy vacant lots on their block for a dollar is off to a very slow start.
- “Does Crime Drop When Immigrants Move In?”
Some researchers say cities with large immigrant populations boast conditions that depress crime: young families and active, bustling neighborhoods.
- City of Imagination: Kowloon Walled City 20 Years Later
This news clip covers the story of Kowloon Walled City and the rates of poverty, dense population, and crime rates.
- A Community Safety Net to Prevent Rampage Shootings: Bernice Pescosolido at TEDxBloomington
This video is about policies developed to provide social safety from crime.
- The safest cities in America
This news clip examines the UCR and the demographics of the cities that had the least amount of crime reported.
- President Obama declares January National Stalking Awareness Month
This news clip offers statistics of stalking and how to report it.
- Ending Violence Against Women and Girls: If Not You, Who?
This video is about violence against females and the global statistics of its occurrence.
An almost comprehensive list of various subcultures, their history, and their beliefs.
- Social Disorganization
A description of social disorganization theory with examples from the National Crime Justice Reference Service.
- Mods & Rockers
A documentary of two subcultures in Britain’s history.
- Additional Subcultures
A YouTube playlist investigating several subcultures in short videos.
- Gun Control
The Atlantic wrote an article about gun control in the United States, as compared to other cultures.