Learning Check Answers
Answers to the Learning Check boxes within the text are provided here for your reference.
Self-Assessment/Learning Check 9.1
1. In Shaw and McKay’s theoretical model, which zone was predicted to be the highest in crime and delinquency rates, largely due to other social problems there?
- Central business district
- Zone in transition
- Zone VI
- Zone V
2. Which unit of analysis does Shaw and McKay’s theory focus on?
Self-Assessment/Learning Check 9.2
1. Which theorist proposed the theory of lower class focal concerns?
2. Which theorist wrote a significant book of inner-city, African-American subculture, titled The Code of the Streets?