Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- “Along With Assault and Arson, FBI Starts to Track Animal Abuse”
The new effort could help save animals—and, perhaps, people: Research shows that animal abuse is often a precursor to acts of violence against people.
- “Gun Violence and Mental Health Laws, 50 Years After Texas Tower Sniper”
Some believe that trying to prevent gun violence by tying it to mental health legislation is a misguided approach.
- Cannibal ‘Albert Fish’ Documentary
This video is a documentary of the psychopathic serial killer Albert Fish.
- Science Bulletins: Attachment Theory—Understanding the Essential Bond
This video explains attachment theory and provides examples of the different types of attachments.
- Treatment or Lockup: Criminal Justice System Grapples with Mentally Ill
A video that overviews a judge’s decision to work with mentally ill criminals.
- Violent Minds: Standing at the Crossroads of Mental Health, Public Safety
How are mentally ill criminals represented legally and medically?
- Exclusive: Rape in America: Justice Denied
This news clip is about how rape reports consistently go unnoticed.
- Albert Fish
A study on Albert Fish, a man with many psychological traits of criminal insanity.
- Dr. Petiot
A history of a psychopathic killer.
- Weird Crimes at Walmart
Strange criminal activities at a national chain highlight various levels of mental illness and how it affects criminal activity.
- Attachment Theory
Attachment theory helps to explain some types of mental illness and interpersonal relationships.
- Criminal Insanity
A woman was found to be criminally insane in the case of the murder of her children.