Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- “Selling Kids on Veggies when Rules Like ‘Clean Your Plate’ Fail”
Involving kids in preparing dinner may be a better way to get kids to eat their vegetables than strictures like “no dessert until you eat your vegetables.” But health experts say there’s nothing wrong with an occasional treat.
- “To End Cycle of Crime, Italian Judge Breaks Up Big-Time Mafia Families”
Roberto Di Bella puts kids of crime organization ‘Ndrangheta into volunteer homes to keep them from entering the family business, where many have been implicated in drug-related crimes and homicides.
- “Preventing Juvenile Detention With a Blank Canvas and a Can of Spray Paint”
The number of children in detention in San Diego County is down by nearly half from just six years ago.
- Francis Weaver, Son Of Notorious Child Killer Ward Weaver III, Charged In Homicide
The criminal history of Francis Weaver and his recent arrest.
- Children, Violence, and Trauma—A Call to Action
This video is about what happens when children are abused and exposed to violence and how society can help.
- One of the Most Dangerous Schools in America-ABC World News Tonight-ABC News
This news clip is about how one of the poorest and crime-stricken cities in the U.S. is home to one of the most dangerous schools.
- Hidden Camera Experiment: Young Kids Drawn to Guns-ABC World News- ABC News
This news clip is about a study conducted to examine children’s behavior with guns even after being taught a safety lesson.
- The Difference Between Classical and Operant Conditioning—Peggy Andover
Peggy Andover explains how the brain can associate unrelated stimuli and responses, proved by Ivan Pavlov's famous 1890 experiments, and how reinforcement and punishment can result in changed behavior.
- Bandura’s Bobo Doll Experiment
This video is about the study conducted by Albert Bandura in which he examined learned aggression and behavior in children.
- Aileen Wuornos
This is a biography of famed serial killer Aileen Wuornos.
- Parents Take Guns to Schools
After a string of school shootings, parents begin taking guns to schools.
- Victim Fights Back
A victim fights back after a purse snatching.
- Predictive Policing
Science magazine investigates the idea behind predictive policing and its efficacy.
- Deathbed Confessions
After 70 years, a man confesses to murder.