Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- “In Tennessee, Giving Birth to a Drug-Dependent Baby Can Be a Crime”
The state’s “fetal assault” law punishes women whose babies are born with drug withdrawal symptoms. Proponents say the law spurs women to seek treatment, while opponents say it deters them.
- “Preschool Suspensions Really Happen and That’s Not OK with Connecticut”
Connecticut has built a safety net that will send a child-behavior expert to any daycare or pre-K in the state that’s having trouble with a disruptive child.
- Police Battling Career Criminals
This news clip looks at how police are attempting to handle career criminals.
- Child Abuse in the US: Cycle of violence
The reality and consequences of child abuse are examined.
- String of Arsons in Lakeview Might Have Been Set by Children
This video is about an investigation of a string of fires believed to be the work of a child arsonist.
- Jon Venables’ Lawyer Recalls Representing the 8-year-old Killer
This is a video interview of a lawyer and his thoughts of representing a child murderer.
How does poverty contribute to crime?
- Family Life and Delinquency and Crime
An article on the influence of family on criminal behavior.
- Fatherless Families
What is the effect of fatherless families on crime?
- Harlow’s Monkeys
A brief description of a psychological experiment on monkeys, aiming at the need for parental influence in the child’s life.
- Jackson Katz
Jackson Katz discusses the concept of toxic masculinity and its ties to harmful behaviors.