Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- “Tide Starts to Turn Against the ‘Crime’ of Being Homeless”
Some local laws make it illegal to sleep or eat outside. Advocates have fought these laws in court. Now, the federal government is taking a stance, pushing ways to help, not criminalize, the homeless.
- “Why the Public Perception of Crime Exceeds the Reality”
Americans are more afraid of crime, even though the crime rates are down.
- “Outnumbering Boomers, Millennials Look for Economic Opportunity”
U.S. millennials have overtaken baby boomers as the largest generation. Their economic interests are unique but also diverse—ranging from college debt to affordable childcare and decent paying jobs.
- Drinking Water Crisis in Flint, Michigan, Prompts Federal Investigation
In this video, NBC News goes behind the scenes of the Flint, Michigan water crisis.
- Perspectives on Deviance: Differential Association, Labeling Theory, and Strain Theory
This video lesson describes deviance and the different explanations of it according to other theories.
- Labeling Theory
This video explains the basic ideas and concepts of labeling theory using the commonly contemplated use of marijuana.
- Long Beach School District Sues Banks’ Accuser
This news clip is about the Long Beach Unified school district and its attempts to sue the woman who falsely accused Brian Banks of rape.
- “Why Marxism?” An Interview with C. Bradley Thompson
The lecture "Why Marxism?" is an examination of why so many people are still attracted to Marxism despite the history of totalitarianism and genocide.
- Daniel Reisel: The Neuroscience of Restorative Justice
This video discusses restorative justice from a physiological perspective.
- USCB Mass Shooter Manifesto
A video account of the USCB mass shooter before he went to shoot students at his school.
The manifesto of the two shooters of Columbine High School, the first mass shooting at a school.
- The Basement Tapes
Recordings of the Columbine shooters plotting the shooting.
- Manifestos from Killers
10 manifestos from killers in history.
- Black Lives Matter
Black Lives Matter is a modern Marxist movement in the United States of America.