Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- “As Adults Legally Smoke Pot in Colorado, More Minority Kids Arrested for It”
The state legalized marijuana at the start of 2014 for anyone 21 or older. An increasing rate of Latino and black youths were arrested for violating that age limit, even as the white arrest rate fell.
- “Deadly Opioid Overwhelms First Responders and Crime Labs in Ohio”
Carfentanil, a potent variation on fentanyl, is being blamed for a wave of opioid overdoses in Cincinnati, with which the crime lab and first responders are struggling to keep up.
- Drug Free World—Real Life Drug Story—Drug Addiction Experiences
An exploration of the dangers of drug addiction and how it began for some people.
- Mexico’s Feared Narcos: A Brief History of the Zetas Drug Cartel
This video provides a brief history of one of Mexico’s major drug traffickers.
- Branson: U.N. to Call for Drug Decriminalization
Virgin founder Richard Branson speaks out in support of a U.N. report into drug decriminalization during an interview with CNN’s Michael Holmes.
- Is Drinking with Your Kids at Home a Good Idea?
Research findings about exposure to alcohol consumption in front of your kids is discussed.
A smuggler tried to bring drugs into the country by carrying the drugs in her breasts.
- Crocodile—The Zombie Drug
Although this drug turns the skin green and scaly, the drug has powerful addictive effects.
Ohio law enforcement released a photo of a couple who had died of a heroin overdose to bring a face to the epidemic.
- Bath Salts
A PBS news piece on bath salts, the drug that has famously caused people to begin to eat each other’s flesh.
- The Heroin Epidemic
Time released an article discussing the various options to combat the heroin epidemic.