After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
- Compute a simple probability and explain the relationship between probability and relative frequency.
- Describe four types of relationships between multiple outcomes.
- Define and compute Bayes’s theorem for conditional outcomes.
- Construct a probability distribution for a given random variable.
- Compute the mean and expected value of a probability distribution.
- Compute the variance and standard deviation of a probability distribution.
- Compute the mean, variance, and standard deviation of a binomial probability distribution.
- Construct a probability table and conditional probability table using SPSS.