After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
- Construct a simple frequency distribution for grouped and ungrouped data.
- Determine whether data should be grouped or ungrouped.
- Identify when it is appropriate to distribute the cumulative frequency, relative frequency, relative percent, cumulative relative frequency, and cumulative percent.
- Identify percentile points and percentile ranks in a cumulative percent distribution.
- Construct and interpret graphs for distributions of continuous data.
- Construct and interpret graphs for distributions of discrete data.
- Construct frequency distributions for quantitative and categorical data using SPSS.
- Construct histograms, bar charts, and pie charts using SPSS.