After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
- Define linear regression and describe the relationship between a predictor variable and a criterion variable.
- Compute and interpret the method of least squares.
- Identify each source of variation in an analysis of regression.
- Compute an analysis of regression and interpret the results.
- Compute and interpret the standard error of estimate.
- Define multiple regression, and compute and interpret an analysis of multiple regression.
- Delineate the unstandardized and standardized β coefficients.
- Compute the relative contribution of each predictor variable and interpret the results.
- Summarize the results of an analysis of regression and multiple regression in APA format.
- Compute an analysis of regression and an analysis of multiple regression using SPSS.