Video and Multimedia
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
This video relates to Learning Objective 9-1. Learn more on page 264.
- A tour through the HR department at Zappos
- Describe three ways the Zappos’ HR department influences company culture.
- Why emphasize personality in the hiring process?
This video relates to Learning Objective 9-1. Learn more on page 265.
This “animated timeline of the history of HR” gives a timeline of workplace and HR practices.
- What else do you know about the individuals highlighted in this video?
- Did any names or dates in this video surprise you?
This video relates to Learning Objective 9-2. Learn more on page 271.
This animated video emphasizes the importance of job descriptions.
- What can happen when job descriptions are not accurate?
- How can well-written job descriptions create efficiency for the organization?
This video relates to Learning Objective 9-3. Learn more on page 272.
Learn from Strategist’s Group on how to attract employees with a strategy.
- How are employees affected by employer branding?
- Why is employer branding important?
- Do you know of a company that has excellent employer branding? If so, explain.
This video relates to Learning Objective 9-4. Learn more on page 278.
This brief video by Employee Engagement.com overviews the importance of employee engagement within an organization.
- Why is employee engagement so important?
- What are the three ways a leader/manager can build trust with their employees?
- Within your group/organization, who are the “paddlers,” the “passengers,” and the people “sinking the boat?”
- What can you do to affect positive employee engagement within your organization?
This video relates to Learning Objective 9-4. Learn more on page 281.
Shawn Achor is a teaching professor at Harvard University.
- Can positive psychology be the answer that managers need to manage people?
- What has brain research done to open the minds of managers in the workplace?
- If you can just think of three positive things each day, would you be better off?