Video and Multimedia
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
This video relates to Learning Objective 7-4. Learn more on page 205.
This video describes matrix organizations, provides an example, and describes the advantages and disadvantages.
- How is the matrix departmentalization usually structured?
- What are some advantages and disadvantages of the matrix model?
- Can you name a few organizations that use the matrix model?
This video relates to Learning Objective 7-3. Learn more on page 209.
This clip from the ABC World Report shows the “extraordinary impact” of Frederick Winslow Taylor.
- Frederick Taylor said that one machine can change work performance—the stopwatch.
- How can managers find ways to make their workplace more productive?
- Is there a chance that we may live and work by Taylorism?
- What ways can you see how Taylor organized functions?
- What are modern-day examples of how a company is organized by function, products, or services?
This video relates to Learning Objective 7-6. Learn more on page 216.
This video explains why delegation is so critical to employee development and organizational success.
- Why delegate if you can do it yourself?
- How can you manage your time better by delegating?
- Selecting who to delegate is just as important as managing the delegating process.
This video relates to Learning Objective 7-7. Learn more on page 219.
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg’s TED talk, “Why We Have Too Few Women Leaders”
- What is the glass ceiling?
- How are women’s opportunities different than opportunities for men?
- Organizing and delegating is not related to gender. Do you agree?