Video and Multimedia
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
This video relates to Learning Objective 2-3. Learn more on page 41.
In “The Future of Work in America,” Derek Thompson and James Bennet discuss how automation and technology affects jobs and individuals.
- Does your job give you a sense of purpose?
- How do you imagine your job, or desired job, will change in the future as technology progresses?
- Do you agree with Thompson that technological change will be a positive force in the job market?
This video relates to Learning Objective 2-4. Learn more on page 45.
This clip gives a brief overview of the Enron scandal.
- How can corporate culture lead to the downfall of a business?
- Can this happen to a large business organization again?
This video relates to Learning Objective 2-4. Learn more on page 46.
Before environmental care and issues were popular, a handful of 1980s’ families sued companies for environmental pollution. Several deaths and illnesses were linked to the polluted drinking water. A Civil Action is a film based on their story.
- Why do people take water for granted?
- Can this happen in your neighborhood? How?
- What does integrity and moral development mean?
- What can cause a person to pursue justice with such tenacity?
This video relates to Learning Objective 2-5. Learn more on page 48.
Ever wondered how you would respond to certain ethical scenarios? This video provides a few situations where you ask some ethical questions.
- Can someone date another person in the workplace?
- Corporate cards are for corporate use only. Do you agree?
- What is insider trading and how can it impact people at work?
- When might it be beneficial to include a supervisor in the conversation of co-worker confidentially being breached?
- What ethical scenarios have you been caught within?
This video relates to Learning Objective 2-6. Learn more on page 53.
SAS is a business analytics software and services company. This video demonstrates their commitment to social responsibility.
- What is a solar farm?
- How can vegetable scraps from the cafeteria be used for flowers?
- What does it mean when a company, city, or institution considers themselves “Going Green.”