Video and Multimedia
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
This video relates to Learning Objective 8-2. Learn more on page 232.
Paul Andersen of Bozeman Science shares some of his thoughts on how to get a group from a passive state of learning to an active state of learning.
- What does it take for an instructor or manager to get from a passive state to an active state?
- How can you teach people to learn?
- How can the three types of groups be best applied in a group process?
This video relates to Learning Objective 8-3. Learn more on page 237.
These short animated clips demonstrate ways of working together successfully and unsuccessfully.
- How does an in-group/out-group mentality affect teamwork?
- Why makes the first example “bad teamwork” and the second example “good teamwork”?
This video relates to Learning Objective 8-3; 8-5. Learn more on page 239.
Marshall Goldsmith talks through a few practical ways to help build a team without wasting time.
- Think about your own team(s). How might you implement team building without wasting time?
- Have you ever been part of a dysfunctional team? How did that feel?
- Have you ever been part of a functional team? How did that feel?
This video relates to Learning Objective 8-4. Learn more on page 243.
Remember the Titans is a movie about how a football team comes together despite their differences and backgrounds in order to accomplish something extraordinary.
- Can you identify the four major stages of group development within the movie, Remember the Titans?
- Consider a group/team occasion where you experienced the four major stages of group development.
- As a manager, how can you better facilitate the major stages of group development?
This video relates to Learning Objective 8-5. Learn more on page 245.
This TED talk by Tom Wujec describes how building a tower helps to build a team.
- Is planning and organizing enough for teamwork?
- Is failure an option when working in teams?
- Why does incentive plus skill lead to successful teams?