After reading this chapter, you should be able to
• Explain each of the 15 principles of questionnaire construction.
• Know when open-ended questions and closed-ended questions should be used.
• Give multiple examples of response categories used for completely anchored rating scales.
• Explain how the different parts of a questionnaire are organized into a smoothly operating whole.
• List and explain the five major steps in questionnaire construction.
• Summarize and explain the content in the checklist for questionnaire development.