After reading this chapter, you should be able to
• Explain the meaning of measurement.
• Explain the different scales of measurement, including the type of information communicated by each one.
• Articulate the seven assumptions underlying testing and assessment.
• Explain the meaning of reliability.
• Explain the characteristics of each of the methods for computing reliability.
• Explain the meaning of validity and validity evidence.
• Explain the different methods of collecting validity evidence.
• Identify the different types of standardized tests and the sources of information on these tests.