After reading this chapter, you should be able to
• Understand the terminology surrounding qualitative data analysis.
• Describe the process of coding.
• List the different types of codes.
• Know what it means to analyze data inductively.
• Code some text data.
• Know some of the common types of relationships found in qualitative data.
• Describe the procedures used to analyze qualitative data.
• List the three most popular computer programs that are used to analyze qualitative data.
• Know the advantages and disadvantages of using computer programs for qualitative data analysis.
• Describe the cells of the mixed research data analysis matrix.
• Describe the seven analytical procedures used in mixed analysis.