1. Discuss some of the common administrative considerations facing prison systems when housing specialized inmate populations.
2. Explain how the prison subculture impacts, interacts with, and reacts to inmates who are mentally ill and/or are elderly.
3. Discuss the prevalence of mental illness within state prison systems and the difficulties of care and treatment.
4. Describe the difficulties with sex offender management in prisons.
5. Identify the various classifications of elderly inmates within an institution.
6. Identify some of the challenges and issues that correctional agencies face when housing elderly offenders.