1. Define parole and basic parolee characteristics.
2. Discuss the historical development of parole.
3. Know and understand the basics regarding state parole, its organization, and its administration.
4. Evaluate the use of parole as a correctional release valve for prisons.
5. Describe the role of parole officers.
6. Explain the common conditions of parole and how parole effectiveness can be refined and adjusted to better meet supervision requirements that are based on the offender’s behavior.
7. Be able to discuss the parole selection process, factors influencing parole decisions, and factors considered when granting and denying parole.
8. Describe the process for violations of parole, parole warrants, and parole revocation proceedings.