1. Describe the hands-off doctrine and its relevance to corrections.
2. Identify key rights inmates possess.
3. Evaluate the application of the First, Fourth, Eighth, and Fourteenth Amendments of the Constitution to corrections.
4. Discuss the shift to a more restrained, hands-on approach and the impact of the Prison Litigation Reform Act of 1995.
5. Identify and discuss legal liabilities associated with correctional staff.
6. Explain how prisons have had to change to comply with judicial orders.
7. Apply legal principles to challenges in the field of corrections.