1. Define corrections and the role it has in the criminal justice system.
2. Identify early historical developments and justifications in the use of punishment and corrections.
3. Discuss the influence of the Enlightenment and key persons on correctional reform.
4. Discuss the development of punishment in early American history.
5. Describe the changes to prison systems brought about by the Age of the Reformatory in America.
6. Identify the various prison systems, eras, and models that developed in the early and mid-1900s in America.
7. Explain how state and federal prisons differ and identify the Top Three in American corrections.