After reading this chapter, you should be able to do the following:
1. Apply the ways that children and adolescents learn at different stages of development to teaching and learning.
2. Contrast the advantages and disadvantages of distinguishing intelligence as one ability versus multiple abilities.
3. Create a classroom that is welcoming and supportive of students with disabilities.
4. Identify struggling students and appropriate intervention strategies to support their learning.
5. Examine how differentiated instruction, personalized learning, Universal Design for Learning, and culturally responsive teaching can contribute to meeting the needs of every student.