After studying this chapter, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- What difficulties do students demonstrate with content-area instruction?
- How can teachers teach content-area vocabulary and concepts?
- How can teachers teach students to monitor their reading comprehension?
- How can students learn from textbook instruction?
- How can teachers promote student participation?
- How can teachers help students with difficulties in study skills?
- What are ways to facilitate memorization and test taking?