After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
- Describe how law is used in politics.
- Identify three key functions of the court system and why they’re important.
- Describe the role of trial and appellate courts, which is good to know anyway in the event you find yourself in one.
- Identify different types of legal systems because it’s always handy to know what laws you’re
- Understand the various philosophies of jurisprudence so you pass this class.
- Distinguish between some different types of law.
- Explain the purpose of constitutional review.