1. What is the difference between an authoritarian executive and a democratic executive?
2. Why might authoritarian oligarchies be more stable over generations than authoritarian monarchies?
3. What is the difference between the head of government and the head of state, and what are the benefits of having the U.S. president perform both functions?
4. Why would we expect the institutionalization of executive selection by combat to be an unlikely thing?
5.What are the advantages or disadvantages to having executive selection separate from legislative selection, such as the United States President?
6. Why might it be valuable to have the executive also be the head of the legislative function, as in a parliamentary system?