Chapter 7: Experiments
Research that Matters:
Research about Social Problems:
- Ling, Rich and Gitte Stald. 2010. “Mobile Communities: Are We Talking About a Village, a Clan, or a Small Group?” American Behavioral Scientist 53(8):113-1147.
- Leakey, Tricia, Kevin B. Lunde, Karin Koga, and Karen Glanz. 2004. “Written Parental Consent and the Use of Incentives in a Youth Smoking Prevention Trial: A Case Study From Project SPLASH.” American Journal of Evaluation 25:509–523.
- Cohen, Susan G. and Gerald E. Ledford. 1994. “The Effectiveness of Self-Managing Teams: A Quasi-Experiment.” Human Relations, 47(1):13-44.
- Hampton, Keith N. and Barry Wellman. 2001. “Long Distance Community in the Network Society.” American Behavioral Scientist 45:476–495.
- Budig, Michelle J. and Melissa J. Hodges. 2010. “Differences in Disadvantage: Variation in the Motherhood Penalty across White Women’s Earnings Distribution.” American Sociological Review, 75(5):705-728.