After reading this chapter, you will be able to:
- Describe the brain structures and neurotransmitters involved in emotion.
- Explain how the body and the peripheral nervous system contribute to the experience of emotion.
- Identify the adaptive and maladaptive components of the stress response.
- Discuss the contributions of genetics and environment to stress responses.
- Compare the affective and sensory components of pain.
- Examine the brain structures and chemical systems involved in aggression.