After reading this chapter, you will be able to:
- Identify the components of the central nervous system.
- Name the structures in the forebrain, midbrain, and hindbrain.
- Predict how damage to specific brain structures will impact specific behaviors.
- Describe the components that protect the brain from damage.
- Examine the functions of the peripheral nervous system divisions.
- Explain how the peripheral and central nervous systems interact in generating experiences and behavior.
- Summarize the changes that the nervous system undergoes during typical development.
- Illustrate the changes that occur in the nervous system as the result of experiences.