After reading this chapter, you will be able to:
- Summarize the psychological theories of motivation.
- Describe how temperature regulation and thirst reflect the concept of homeostasis.
- Explain the role of taste in choices of food.
- Identify the brain signals that control when we begin and end eating.
- Compare the roles of environment and heredity in risk for obesity.
- Examine how the environment and genetics impact risk for disordered eating.
- Discuss the role of neurotransmitters in eating disorders.