After reading this chapter, you will be able to:
- Define the mind-brain problem in behavioral neuroscience.
- Describe the contributions of philosophers and scientists to the development of behavioral neuroscience as a field of study.
- Identify the role of physiologists in the establishment of modern-day behavioral neuroscience.
- Compare the relative contributions of genes and environment in the development of behavioral characteristics.
- Critique the fixed nature of heredity in shaping behavior.