After reading this chapter, you will be able to:
- Describe the functions of structures within the eye.
- Illustrate the processing pathways of visual information from the eye up to cortical brain areas.
- Compare the major theories of color processing.
- Contrast the major theories of form processing.
- Discuss how visual information is segregated and reconstructed in the visual system.
- Identify how action potentials and synaptic transmission can produce a variety of visual experiences.
- Predict how damage to specific portions of the visual system will impact a person’s visual perceptions.