After completing this chapter you should be able to:
- Identify the six steps of an ethics job-screening process.
- Discuss the impact of including an ethics screen notice in a job description and how it affects the types of candidates that apply.
- Summarize key legal rules governing the hiring process to avoid discrimination claims.
- Obtain accurate behavioral information from résumés, reference checks, background checks, and integrity tests.
- Construct personality tests that measure ethics.
- Prepare interview questions that address ethical issues.
- Describe when it is appropriate to conduct post-interview tests for drug use and lie detecting.