- Define each of the four basic types of historical and comparative research methods and give an example of each.
- Explain the process of event-structure analysis.
- Identify the strengths and limitations of oral history.
- Contrast the temporal, holistic, and conjunctural features of narrative explanations to those of hypothesis-testing.
- Discuss the major methodological challenges that arise in comparative and historical research.
- Describe the process of content analysis and give one example.