6-1 Article I and the Creation of Congress
- Define the role the U.S. Congress plays as the legislative branch of government.
6-2 The Structure and Organization of Congress
- Identify the structure and powers of Congress, and assess the role that political parties play in congressional leadership.
6-3 The Committee System
- Compare and contrast the different types of committees found in Congress.
6-4 How a Bill Becomes a Law
- Describe the various steps necessary for a bill to become a law.
6-5 Oversight and Personnel Functions of Congress
- Describe Congress’s powers, including delegating law-making authority to regulatory agencies, confirming presidential appointments, and impeaching and removing executive and judicial officers.
6-6 Constituent Service: Helping People Back Home
- Assess the “casework” functions of members of Congress in assisting constituents, educating them on policy issues, and performing other services on their behalf.