14-1 American Presidential Elections in Historical Perspective
- Describe the historical development of the presidential selection process.
14-2 The Nomination Campaign
- Distinguish between primaries and caucuses, and explain the purpose of the national conventions.
14-3 The General Election Campaign
- Describe the strategies that candidates use to win elections and critique the Electoral College system.
14-4 Campaign Funding
- Assess the impact of money on presidential campaigns, and describe the laws governing campaign finance.
14-5 Congressional Campaigns and Elections
- Define the power of incumbency, turnout levels, and presidential coattails in congressional elections.