15-1 An Overview of the Policy-Making Process
- Describe the stages of the public policy-making process and the various players involved.
15-2 Theories and Practice in Economic Policy
- Recognize the theories of economic policy, distinguish between fiscal and monetary policy, define different categories of spending, and trace the budget-making process.
15-3 The Welfare State and Programs for the Poor
- Contrast the U.S. welfare state model to those found in other Western democracies.
15-4 The Social Security System and Health Care Policy
- Assess both the state of the Social Security system (including its prospects and reforms), and assess America’s health care system, comparing it to European systems that feature universal care.
15-5 Foreign Policy
- Discuss the actors and institutions that conduct foreign policy under the Constitution, and trace the history and theories of U.S. foreign policy from its roots to the present day.