2-1 The Beginnings of a New Nation
- Discuss the causes of the American Revolution and the structure of the first national government under the Articles of Confederation, including its strengths, weaknesses, and struggles.
2-2 The Constitutional Convention
- Compare and contrast the various plans for the new constitution and the obstacles to agreement among the different colonies.
2-3 The New Constitution
- Explain the principles incorporated in the new constitution, including popular sovereignty, the separation of powers, federalism, and limited government.
2-4 The Ratification Battle
- Discuss the reasons why ratification succeeded and the role that the Bill of Rights played in the process.
2-5 Changing the Constitution
- Describe the process of amending the Constitution as well as alternative means of achieving constitutional change.