5-1 Types of Equality
- Define civil rights and the three types of equality: political, social, and economic.
5-2 The Struggle for Equality: Approaches and Tactics
- List the means groups employ to pursue equality within and outside the system.
5-3 The Struggle for Equality: Race, Ethnicity, and Civil Rights
- Assess the history of discrimination against racial and ethnic groups in America, including the role courts played in initially denying members of those groups full equality.
5-4 The Women’s Movement and Gender Equality
- Summarize the history of women’s rights, including the role of the courts in recognizing such rights, from women’s suffrage up through the present.
5-4 Other Group Struggles for Equality
- Trace the struggles for equality waged by other minority groups, including older Americans, Americans with disabilities, and LGBTQ persons.
5-6 Continuing Struggles over Equality in the Modern Era
- Evaluate the more recent battles waged over affirmative action, racial profiling, and the targeted policing of neighborhoods.